Leadership Day 2021 - May 25-26
Leadership Day 2021 will be held virtually this year due to the public health and safety reasons stemming from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Please join us for an exciting virtual program this year that will include educational briefings, lively Q&A, and an opportunity to meet virtually with your members of Congress.
If you have questions, please contact Shuan Tomlinson at email@example.com or 800-338-2746, ext. 4547.
What is Leadership Day?
Leadership Day is the College’s annual two-day advocacy event in Washington, DC that enables our members from across the country to bring our issues of concern to U.S. lawmakers. This is a great opportunity for the College and our members to bring our policy priorities to Congress and try to influence the legislative process on behalf of internal medicine.
How can you benefit from Leadership Day?
In addition to having an opportunity to meet with your legislators and staff in Washington, DC, participants are provided with in-depth briefings from White House officials, Capitol Hill staffers, and members of Congress; all of whom are among the top health care decision makers.
Participants will also:
- Receive a comprehensive orientation on ACP’s top legislative priorities.
- Earn Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
- Learn advocacy skills that can be utilized back home.
- Meet other internists who care about advocacy, including colleagues from your own state.
- Learn about policy issues that impact your profession and your ability to provide quality care.
- Get to know ACP leaders and staff.
- Socialize and have a great time!